The CORE Consortium is delighted to remind you about joining its Webinar #2 on Designing an inclusive resilience: The full consideration of vulnerability before, during and after disasters, to be held next October 3, 2022, from 13h00 to 16h00 CEST, with a final agenda and some already promoted speakers.
You can already register here, with an access to the final agenda.
You can follow our LinkedIn and Twitter channels to stay tuned and help us boost the promotion of the event: our speakers and their presentations are already being promoted.
Please find below some promoted speakers who will take the floor:
- Leyla Craig, Disability Inclusion and Engagement Officer at the Fire and Rescue NSW (New South Wales - Australia) who will take the floor on "The Co-Production Approach to Fire Safety for People with Disabilities".
- Enrico Ronchi, Assoc. Prof. at Department of Fire Safety Engineering, Lund University, Sweden), who will take the floor on "Egressibility: a paradigm shift for an inclusive building design".
- Sofia Karma (Teaching Laboratory Staff of National Technical University of Athens & Research Associate at European Centre for Forest Fires (ECFF), Conseil de l'Europe), who will take the floor on "Inclusive Community Engagement in Disaster Risk Management: How active participation of vulnerable groups in disaster preparedness & response could strengthen disaster resilience".
AGENDA (Version 26.09.2022)
- 13H-13H05: Introduction, by Marie-Christine BONNAMOUR (General Secretary of PSCE & CORE D&C Manager)
- 13H05-13H20: What EU policies for vulnerable groups?, by Anna BATTISTUTTA (Policy Officer at EC for civil protection policy development (DG ECHO – Directorate B))
- 13H20-13H35: The need to define better vulnerability, by Giampiero GRIFFO (Disabled People's International World Council)
- 13H35-13H50: The Co-Production Approach to Fire Safety for People with Disabilities, by Leyla CRAIG (Fire and Rescue NSW Disability Inclusion and Engagement Officer)
- 13H50-14H00: Vulnerability and resilience in natural disaster: towards inclusive communication, by Consuelo AGNESI (CERPA Italia Onlus (European Center for Research and Promotion of Accessibility))
- 14H00-14H10: DRM Operational perspectives with cognitive disabilities (Down syndrome), by Arch. Stefano ZANUT (National Fire Services (Italy))
- 14H010-14H25: Applying an intersectional lens to vulnerability reduction, by AlexTsakiridis (Disaster risk specialist, PreventionWeb Editor)
- 14H25-14H40: Egressibility: a paradigm shift for an inclusive building design, by Assoc. Prof. Enrico RONCHI, (Department of Fire Safety Engineering, Lund University, Svezia)
- 14H40-14H50: Inclusive Community Engagement in Disaster Risk Management: How active participation of vulnerable groups in disaster preparedness and response could strengthen disaster resilience, by Dr. Sofia KARMA (Teaching Laboratory Staff of NTUA (Athens) & Research Associate at European Centre for Forest Fires, Council of Europe )
- 14H50-15H05: Gender equality in DRR , by Prof. Dilanthi AMARATUNGA (Head of Global Disaster Resilience Centre (HuD))
- 15H05-15H20: Resilience and vulnerable groups from the perspective of legal/institutional/policy level
, by Nadia HADAD (Board Member of European Disability Forum (EFD)
- 15H20-15H35: Vulnerability in the CBRNe context, by Dr. Grigore HAVARNEANU (Coordinator of PROACTIVE Project)
- 15H35-16H00: Questions & Answers / Discussion time