SAHER – Saher (Europe) OÜ (Estonia)
The strategic aim of Saher (Europe) is to develop the intersection between the four key stakeholders in the international security domain: Citizens; Government Intelligence / Law Enforcement Agencies; Industry and Academia. The mission of Saher (Europe) is to provide a collaborative platform for professionals, policy-makers, practitioners and the public to advance and amplify international security innovations. The strategic objectives of Saher (Europe) are:
- To encourage and enhance the development and delivery of innovative technologies, exposing them to the operational realities of policing and security.
- To support public bodies and private sector organisations identify and implement innovative security technologies to maximise impact and positive outcomes.
- To bridge the gap between security research and operational reality, focussing on new and emerging security threats.
- To provide unique opportunities to increase knowledge, resilience, preparedness and stress-test operational capabilities through the design, development and delivery of training and exercising.
Saher (Europe) personnel come from senior policing, academic and commercial backgrounds, thus blending practical strategic and operational policing and security research expertise with the knowledge of public bodies and private sector organisations. Saher (Europe) promotes at the highest level the implementation of innovative solutions in global security domain prioritising areas of cyber security, counter-terrorism, organised crime, border control, civil protection, crisis management, protection of critical infrastructure and aviation security. Complemented by professionally qualified teachers and trainers, with extensive experience of designing and delivering large scale multi-agency training and exercising programmes, Saher (Europe) offer access and insights from an extensive global network of security and Law Enforcement Agency professionals.
Building on over five years of delivering innovative security solutions, the expertise of Saher (Europe) is amplified by the substantial experience of professionally qualified project managers and coordinators, experts in designing and delivering large-scale, multi-agency international security research and innovation projects. The Saher (Europe) approach to delivering security innovations is further augmented by the inclusion of internationally recognised research ethics expertise and substantial security policy and project review and evaluation at national and international level.
In the CORE project, Saher (Europe):
- leads WP2;
- is involved in all the WPs (excluding WP7);
- coordinates tasks 2.1, 2.5 contributing to other tasks.
Project PI: Andrew Staniforth