💡 Dear Reader, please find our Newsletter #2 (July 2022) to share with you our latest news and to keep you updated on CORE activities, for a resilient society!
You will find a CORE Corner, a EU NEWS Corner, a CORE PARTNERS corner, and a SISTER PROJECTS corner:
Last June 30, the European Parliament's Science and Technology Options Assessment (STOA) Panel, in collaboration with the Medical Preparedness and Crisis Management Unit (MPCMU) which is part of the Medical Service of the European Parliament, organised a workshop on "Pandemics and other health crises: Lessons learned and future scenarios".
"Lessons from this crisis must be learned, and the necessary changes made at all levels, both in terms of improving collaboration and strengthening health systems. Making the link from recovery and learning from a previous crisis to preparedness for future crises is critical, and is often neglected. Once an emergency has passed, general attention typically returns to dealing with day-to-day system management, and the opportunity to learn from the crisis and improve is missed."
- European State of the Climate (ESOTC) 2021 is now released
- [PRESS RELEASE] CORE successfully held its 1st webinar on Societal Resilience
- Destination Earth (DestinE): key initiative for building resilience to climate-change
- CORE Webinar #1 - RESILIENCE OF THE SOCIETY: A global perspective
- Disaster Risk Reduction: the importance of the early warning systems
- Climate Change : IPCC Report on Impacts, Adaptation and Vulnerability is released