The CORE Consortium is happy to invite you to join its Webinar #2 on Designing an inclusive resilience: The full consideration of vulnerability before, during and after disasters, to be held next October 3, 2022, from 13h00 to 16h00 CEST.
CORE works on Resilience in the society ; a society as a whole, where nobody should be left behind when a disaster occurs, either it is for prevention, preparedness, response or recovering phase.
Without regard here for the underlying cause of the vulnerability, the thing is some groups are more vulnerable than others.
Disaster resilience builders must work on the inclusion of those vulnerable groups - not only for them, but with them.
For this week, we propose you five items about vulnerability in disaster resilience perspective, seen in Prevention Web Newsletters; each one includes plenty of useful links! Two days after the International Day of the World’s Indigenous Peoples, who are in a certain context also vulnerable groups.
[Spoiler] Our next webinar will be on the inclusion of vulnerable groups in disaster resilience.
- Better emergency preparedness can protect older adults from climate change, by The Conversation Media Group.
- The future of disaster resiliency and the need for a global vulnerability index, by The International Science Council.
- Funding for resilience: five key objectives to protect vulnerable groups through environmental, social, and governance (ESG) investing, by The International Science Council.
- Heatwaves and vulnerable populations: mapping their needs in the Hague, by The Hague University of Applied Sciences.
- Disaster risk reduction policy and practice for the hyper-marginalised, by DRR Dynamics Ltd.
The new German Strategy for Building Resilience to Disasters
Last July 13, the Federal Council of Ministers has adopted the German Strategy for Building Resilience to Disasters. At the same time, Interior Minister Nancy Faeser presented her programme with the Federal Office for Civil Protection and the Federal Agency for Technical Relief.
- Calls for ABSTRACT and PAPERS for Resilient Infrastructures (by CDRI)
- Artificial intelligence (AI): What biases in algorithmic decision-making systems? – A perspective within the technological storm
- JRC: New algorithm for risks & disasters management
- 📚 CORE Newsletter #2 released
- [Workshop - EP] Pandemics and other health crises: Lessons learned and future scenarios
- 🛡 CHECK OUT ALL BuildERS H2020 RESULTS 🛡
- European State of the Climate (ESOTC) 2021 is now released
- [PRESS RELEASE] CORE successfully held its 1st webinar on Societal Resilience
- Destination Earth (DestinE): key initiative for building resilience to climate-change
- CORE Webinar #1 - RESILIENCE OF THE SOCIETY: A global perspective
- Disaster Risk Reduction: the importance of the early warning systems
- Climate Change : IPCC Report on Impacts, Adaptation and Vulnerability is released