CORE EU and RickPACC co-funded a session at the 2023 EGU General Assembly
In February 2023, the Commission of the European Parliament, the Council, the European Economic and Social committee and the Committee of regions released a communication on the EU Disaster Resilience Goals. The document provides a brief analysis of the challenges and threats that in the last years have highlighted weaknesses in the disaster management system. To respond to increasing number of transboundary risks and threats, the EC has called for a shift in mindset. More specifcially, the Commission has highlighted the need for a multisector, multi-layered and pan-European approach that focuses on assessing current vulnerabilities, anticipating hazards, strengthening preventative measures and focusing on the preparedness of citizens.
On this basis, the Commission has identified the following five resilience goals:
Within this framework CORE’s mandate plays a pivotal role in generating knowledge and strengthening awareness around societal and organisational aspects that can support better preparedness mechanisms to natural and man-made disasters.
For more details about the EC Communication, please access THIS LINK
💡 In the HERoS Project, they have developed a Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) titled Health Emergency Response to a Pandemic.
In this course, they have distilled three years of research on the COVID-19 pandemic into four interconnected pieces: crisis governance, behavioural and epidemiological modeling, medical logistics, and social media analytics.
🏫 Four top European Universities, Hanken School of Economics, Delft University of Technology, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (VU Amsterdam) and The Open University joined forces to create this course along with the project partners such as Italian Red Cross of Ardea, Fundacja Polskie Centrum Pomocy Międzynarodowej (PCPM), Project HOPE, Centrum Badań Kosmicznych Polskiej Akademii Nauk, Nordic Healthcare Group, and Squadron Sp. z o.o.. The course will be offered in the FutureLearn (https://lnkd.in/eGD-SC3U) Platform early next year.
🎞 Here is the trailer for the course: https://lnkd.in/eVztj3EF.
👁 Please keep an eye on the HERoS Project’s website (https://lnkd.in/eWdtT72G ) and social media.
- 📰 [PARTNER NEWS] Scholarship for Ph.D Program: Chemical, Biological & Environmental Sciences at Università degli Studi di Salerno 📰
- 📰 [Participation to events] CORE EU-funded Project at Public Safety Communication Europe (PSCE) Winter Conference 2022 in Brussels 📰
- 📢📰 [PUBLICATION & EVENT] CORE EU-funded Project Analysis Framework for disaster scenarios promoted 📰📢
- 🚀 [EVENT] CORE EU-funded Project's Session at EGU23 🚀
- 📰 [National Focus – SWEDEN] Weather, wealth and well-being: Cascading effects of water-related hazards and social vulnerability in Halmstad, Sweden 📰
- 📰 [PARTNER PUBLICATION] Why do COVID-19 conspiracy theories persist on social media? 📰
- 📢 [NESS2022 event] The human variable in societal resilience to disasters: the perspective of CORE EU-funded Project project 📢
- 📰 [PARTNER PUBLICATION] COVID-19 5G Conspiracy Theory 📰
- CORE Webinar #2 on Inclusive resilience: Press release, recording & presentations available
- 📢 [PARTNER FOCUS] Hanken School of Economics (HUMLOG Institute) takes the floor at EURO HOpe mini-conferences 2022 📢
- 🚀 CORE held its 2d GENERAL ASSEMBLY in Laxenburg (Austria) - September 29 & 30 🚀
- 📢 [CORE Webinar #2 on Inclusive Resilience] GREETINGS & NEXT STEPS 📢
- 🔔 [FOCUS SPEAKER N°11] CORE EU-funded Project Webinar #2 on Inclusive Resilience STARTING IN FEW HOURS 🔔
- 🔔 [FOCUS SPEAKER N°10] CORE EU-funded Project Webinar #2 on Inclusive Resilience 🔔
- 🔔 [FOCUS SPEAKER N°9] CORE EU-funded Project Webinar #2 on Inclusive Resilience 🔔
- 🔔 [FOCUS SPEAKER N°8] CORE EU-funded Project Webinar #2 on Inclusive Resilience 🔔
- 🔔 [FOCUS SPEAKER N°7] CORE EU-funded Project Webinar #2 on Inclusive Resilience 🔔
- 🔔🇪🇺 [FOCUS SPEAKER N°6] CORE EU-funded Project Webinar #2 on Inclusive Resilience 🇪🇺 🔔
- 🔔🇪🇺 [FOCUS SPEAKER N°5 (EC)] CORE EU-funded Project Webinar #2 on Inclusive Resilience 🇪🇺 🔔
- 🔔 [FOCUS SPEAKER N°4] CORE Webinar #2 on Inclusive Resilience 🔔
- [Webinar #2 - 8 days left)] Final agenda & promotion of speakers
- 🔔 [FOCUS SPEAKER N°3] CORE Webinar #2 on Inclusive Resilience 🔔
- 🔔 [FOCUS SPEAKER #2] CORE Webinar #2 on Inclusive Resilience 🔔
- 🔔 [Webinar #2 - FOCUS SPEAKER] Leyla Craig - The Co-Production Approach to Fire Safety for People with Disabilities
- [UPCOMING] CORE Webinar #2: Designing an inclusive resilience: The full consideration of vulnerability before, during and after disasters
- [NEWS DIGEST] Building disaster resilience with vulnerable groups
- [National Focus – GERMANY] New start for the civil protection & recommendations
- Calls for ABSTRACT and PAPERS for Resilient Infrastructures (by CDRI)
- Artificial intelligence (AI): What biases in algorithmic decision-making systems? – A perspective within the technological storm
- JRC: New algorithm for risks & disasters management
- 📚 CORE Newsletter #2 released
- [Workshop - EP] Pandemics and other health crises: Lessons learned and future scenarios
- 🛡 CHECK OUT ALL BuildERS H2020 RESULTS 🛡
- European State of the Climate (ESOTC) 2021 is now released
- [PRESS RELEASE] CORE successfully held its 1st webinar on Societal Resilience
- Destination Earth (DestinE): key initiative for building resilience to climate-change
- CORE Webinar #1 - RESILIENCE OF THE SOCIETY: A global perspective
- Disaster Risk Reduction: the importance of the early warning systems
- Climate Change : IPCC Report on Impacts, Adaptation and Vulnerability is released